DSD Presents: Lauren

It's sort of been a while. But don't worry, I've been doing stuff. Check out that little thing in the top right corner of the screen(To the right of this text, for today). That's the DSDeluge. I'll put whatever song it is that's stuck in my head up there. It's not necessarily gonna be a new song or by an obscure artist or something, but it should be good.

---

But let's call attention to this particular post. I'm gonna stop OCD'ing and decide that this picture is finished.



This was my first time doing canvas effects or watercolor/y stuff or having a model blending into the foreground paint. I think I sort of pulled it off... right?

Anyways, Lauren is my first model... ever. As if that weren't enough, she provides consistently good material. I can get a picture, but if I'm not really feelin' it I can't do much with it, nawmean? A big thank you and a big happy birthday to her.

I should call this one "Beginner's Luck" because it was the first model manipulation I've ever done and is probably the best one I've done. I'll beat it one day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new picture looks good for the first time around, but there is one thing that really bothers me about it. The little triangle between her neck, cheek, and hair on the left side looks very unnatural and a little confusing.

DSD said...

Same here, but the strange thing about that is that that's(that's a lot of "that"'s) how it was in the original picture, that actually wasn't me that did that. I thought of cleaning that up a bit but I didn't know if it'd look even more weird.

I think light was reflecting off a shelf in the background or something like that, but it was weird, ya.