DSDeviance: Bitch, Nigga, Hoe, Shyeeit

I'm not a big fan of people that aren't open-minded... I shouldn't even say that. I'm not a fan of people who aren't open-minded about music and a select few other things. I listen to everything but country and super heavy metal, but I make exceptions for "Amos Moses"(very country), "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"(same), and I love the that one song by Kitty when they keep screaming, "Crucify then Burn" (very very metal). I just say that for the most part, I don't like country and death metal.

What this post is about is the people that are constantly saying that they don't like hip hop because it:

1. The Videos Degrade Women
2. Features a Lot of Cursing , Encouragement of Violence, and Graphic Sex
3. Uses the "N" Word. (It pains me to use "the 'N' word". As in, it hurts me to say "the 'N' word" instead of Nigger, Nigga, or Nyiguh. What the fuck are we, in second grade?)

Anyways, if you've said any of these things, that's some bullshit and I'm going to ask you to please cease your verbal defecation.

Garbage Excuse 1: The Videos Degrade Women
You're right. God damn that Ludicrous and Snoopy Dog Dog for kidnapping those poor innocent girls off the street, locking them in the basements of their crack selling dens, and corrupting their minds, brainwashing them to be so called "video vixens".

You know what I think? I think it's degrading to women to suggest that they didn't voluntarily choose and pre-plan their career as a model or whatever they are in a music video. These people are not getting degraded, they're getting mothafuckin paid, joe.

La'Chaundra a fictional resident of Gary, Indiana is a very attractive young woman. She also didn't finish high school. She hung around at home and did nothing because she figured the school system was bad and she wouldn't be learning about anything anyways. What does she decide to do:

A.) Have a billion kids and collect government money?
B.) Live with her parents and extended family in a 1 bedroom home that's falling apart?
C.) Work at McDonalds because that's who will hire her?
D.) Get a credit card swiped through her butt in a music video and meet Nelly and make money to help her family out?

I don't know what you would pick, but I'd let Rihanna beat me with a whip while I'm pretending to be her man-servant in a music video if I could meet her and get paid for it.

An alternate scenario would be an educated woman that came from a good family and is trying to go to college, but just doesn't have the cash. Model for a video, pay for school, get a better job, Ka-ching!

Garbage Excuse 2: Hip-Hop Features a Lot of Cursing , Encouragement of Violence, and Graphic Sex
Why yes, yes it does. But so does almost every other genre. Hip hop is a very broad idea that can be used to describe a song that talks about telling children to go to school and be nice to each other or a song that tells about expensive cars and pouring expensive champagne on Karrine Steffan's titties(a waste of champagne...). Anyways, my point is that you can't tell me that you won't listen to the song about going to school just because you don't like the one about juicy titties covered in Moët.

I'm not done yet. Do you mean to tell me that you're sitting there listening to a song and you hear the catchy beat and start tapping your foot to it. Then you hear the guy rapping and frown a little, but the frown fades because you hear a funny punchline or some good wordplay. Then, suddenly, the unthinkable happens. The witty or ignorant but lovable person on the other end of the speakers utters the phrase, "...smacked that bitch's ass". You're so emotionally jarred by this unspeakable linguistic atrocity that you drop your Ipod, stomp on it and vow never to listen to rap again.

If this applies to you, don't read anymore of what I have to say. Just go register to vote for Sarah Palin and Johnny Mac.

If this sounds ridiculous to you, then you know how I feel when someone tells me that they don't listen to rap just because they use certain words. What you mean to say when you say that is, "None of my friends listen to rap" or "I don't understand ebonics so I am afraid they are making fun of me and I don't know it" or "I heard a couple of rap songs and the rest are probably all the same". Please don't bullshit me.

I hate The Jonas Brothers. I don't, however, go around thinking that they represent all of rock. I love the Sex Pistols, The Distillers, Led Zepplin, Queens of the Stone Age, Old school My Chemical Romance, Sum 41, The Mars Volta and plenty more. It's because I gave them a chance and explored more than one sub-genre within rock. I suggest you do the same.

Garbage Excuse 3: Uses the "N" Word
I don't even know where to start or end on this one so I'm not going to. I'll take an excerpt from StuffBlackPeopleHate.com.

I did NOT Write this.
"When Chad asks a black person “why can’t I say ‘nigger’”, 95% of black people reach their boiling point IMMEDIATELY. Contrary to popular belief, though, a black person who reaches his boiling point will usually not shoot you, shank you, or date your daughter…he will simply shut down intellectually. A blank, idiotic look creeps over his face, after which he will try to give you a response, but the words simply don’t come. He shakes his head and walks away exasperated, leaving Chad with the mistaken impression that he has a good point.

Fortunately, I’ve heard the Chad Question so many times that I’ve developed a scripted response to it:

Chad: “I don’t get it. I mean, if black people can say it then why can’t I?”
Me: “Do you have a girlfriend?”
Chad: “Uh, yea…”
Me: “Do you fuck her?”
Chad: “…..yeah….”
Me: “Cool. Mind if I fuck her?”
Chad: “DUDE! NOT COOL!”
Me: “I don’t get it. I mean, if you can fuck her then why can’t I?” "

StuffBlackPeopleHate


That about sums it up for me.

---

In summation, that sums it up.

4 comments:

Dallas Wright said...

haha +1 on the Rihanna video. For dignity's sake I'll leave what I'd do outta this, but your all the way right. Cassie too.

Also, SBPH.com is one of my favorite sites. Cracks me up always.

I saw the Facebook disclaimer. The people offended by this are the ones your clowning, so I guess you did a good job

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqwj--wGEgY

DSD said...

Lmao, thanks. From what I gather about regular marketing, viral marketing, and human nature, telling someone that they won't like something means they're more likely to click it and try and prove you wrong.

And yeah, I'd do anything for Cassie :-D

Alex, the fam is watching America's funniest home videos so I can't hear. I'll watch it in a sec tho.

DSD said...

Watched the clip... exactly.